Youth between the ages of 12 and 18 who are at the 7th – 12th school year enjoy a wide variety of meetings, events, and opportunities at Northview.
Our aim is to “proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.” Col 1:28
The youth group at the Northview strives daily to allow God to mold us into selfless Christians. We look only to God, for He gives us the strength and ability to serve Him and others. It is the goal of our youth ministry to take students to a higher level of faith, beyond the issues of teen life, and plant ourselves beside the cross of Christ daily.
Our mission is to make your child a disciple of Jesus Christ. In order to accomplish this goal there are five areas that we continually emphasize:
- Soul-winning (Psalm 119:9) – Conforming to the image of Christ should be the goal of every Christian. The compassion and zeal Christ had for the lost is an example that will not only be preached, but also practiced by our youth ministry.
- Missions Matt. (28;19) - Our primary focus is to make disciples. We will provide the necessary resources for our youth to “Go” into the world and teach others. We believe that youth missions is a critical component of our goal to develop our youth into the image of Christ who will transform their homes, their schools, their churches, their workplaces, and their worlds for Christ.
- Prayer & Worship (III John 4) – Prayer and worship are essentials parts of our plan to help each youth develop his/her own personal relationship with Jesus.
- Surrender (Psalm 71:5) – Our teens are taught that dedicating one’s life to God and letting Christ control every aspect of their life is essential for finding God’s will for their life. Because Christ so willingly gave His life for us, how much more should we desire to present our bodies a living sacrifice for Him.
- Servant-hood (I John 3:18) – If teens have the right view of themselves as a servants, then they are going to start reaching and affecting other people’s lives. We will give our young people many opportunities to serve in the church, as well as the community.